ADBT’s mission is to create an enterprise culture that fosters economic empowerment through the following:
- Identify, promote and support Aboriginal businesses in the gulf;
- Develop business networks within and beyond the gulf region;
- Attract other funding and financing agencies to support ADBT activities;
- Invest in joint ventures with private enterprise; and
- Manage regional investments beyond the life of the Century Mine.
To achieve our mission, ADBT will actively establish, or provide assistance for the establishment of local business ventures for the general welfare of the native title groups, individuals’ families and local communities. The ADBT aims to achieve this by:
- Providing low interest loans to find new and existing ADBT funded business ventures;
- Providing finance for equity in other ventures and, at the ADBT Board’s discretion, local land purchases associated with business development;
- Providing finance for relevant business & corporate training; and
- Assisting in community development programs.