ADBT Indigenous Sports funding will be available to support young Indigenous sports persons. The grant aims to support and assist eligible individuals compete at regional, state, national and international sporting events and regional teams and regional events.
The Sports Funding grant will budget to support
- a $300 maximum for Individuals competing at regional, state, national and international sporting events
- $1000 for regional teams and
- $1000 for Regional events.
Please note that Regional events and teams must be comprised of members and participation from all the Gulf communities – Doomadgee, Mornington Island, Normanton and Burketown. Applicants may be required to contribute. Only one regional event and one regional team per community per year will be funded.
Purpose: The purpose of this program is to identify, assist and support sport-persons within the Gulf Region to compete at higher competitions and support and establish regular regional competitions within the Gulf Region.
Mission: The ADBT Indigenous Sports Funding aims to provide participants or applicants with the opportunity to develop their sporting skills by competing at events and competitions within Australia.
Goal: The goal is to create young Indigenous leaders within sports and to pursue a career establish pathways within the sports field.
Aimed at: People who are eligible under the GCA. Please refer to the ADBT website www.adbt.com.au or ring (07) 4038 2832
The grant will support eligible participants to participate in:
- Regional Competitions
- State Competitions
- National Competitions
- International Competitions
- Training/development in sports
Who is Eligible to apply?
Participants and/or applicants must meet the criteria set out in the Gulf Communities Agreement (GCA) which is detailed below:
Eligible individuals will be either:
(a) A member of one of the Native Title Groups (Waanyi People, Mingginda People, and Gkuthaarn and Kukatj People respectively, and
(b) An Aboriginal person residing in the local government areas of Burke, Carpentaria, Doomadgee and Mornington Island.
- Eligible applicants may apply once every twelve months.
- Applicant must demonstrate that they have made an effort to contribute to or fund raise.
- Each person seeking sponsorship must complete an application form.
- Application forms are accepted throughout the year and processed as they are received.
- Each application must be accompanied by a typed signed letter/document from the body organising the event, competition or educational activity that clearly states the name of the applicant seeking ADBTs grant and that verifies their participation and exact cost including all quotes.
- Funding will not be provided for activities that have already been completed or costs that have already been incurred.
- Must provide feedback on how this will benefit one of the local government area and/or Native Title Groups
Please note the program does not provide or assist teams.
Applications can be downloaded from our website www.adbt.com.au or ring (07) 40382832 and request one to be emailed or mailed.
Completed applications can be submitted by emailing them to email@example.com or post it to:
PO Box 893
Redlynch QLD 4870